Good Goddess Fantastic Fat MCT Oil
Fantastic Fat is coconut oil’s super-derivative and is also known as medium-chain-triglyceride (or MCT). It’s a magical form of saturated fatty acids offering numerous health benefits from improving cognitive function to managing weight. Only 62-65% of the fatty acids in coconut oil are MCTs, so consider this your short-cut to the good stuff!
FANTASTIC FAT is gluten-free and vegan friendly
We consume about 1 tablespoon* per day, every day and enjoy the following benefits:
- Fat loss (yes, good fat burns bad fat!) When fatty acids are converted into energy, the metabolism is inevitably sped up, which can help with passive fat-burning and the general efficiency of calorie burning. That’s not all! MCTs have been known to suppress fat deposition through enhanced thermogenesis and fat oxidation, that means they potentially help the body produce ketones, which gives you the same benefits as the ketogenic diet without saying goodbye to carbs (but don’t get too excited, not all carbs are created equal!)
- Mental clarity and sharpness and increased energy levels because boosted metabolism = more energy. MCTs increase the direct stream of Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP), which is the biochemical way to store and use energy, as well as the presence of ketones, which result from the rapid conversion of MCTs, to create energy. Instead of more than 20 steps that sugar takes to become energy, C-8 medium-chain fatty acids can be converted to usable energy in only 3 steps, to give your body rapid support and invigorate you. But what is C-8? It’s Caprylic Acid and, in our opinion, the most important medium-chain fatty acid because it’s converted extremely quickly into usable energy without involving the liver and is directly linked to improved cognition. Big bonus: It also results in a burst of energy and provides immune system support, thanks to its antioxidant and antibacterial qualities.
- Improved digestion As well as having mild laxative qualities, MCTs also have anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antibacterial qualities that can optimize digestion and balance the micro-environment of your gut flora. This will help prevent symptoms of cramping, bloating and constipation in addition to parasitic or viral infections.
- Decrease in appetite As it increases satiety, or feelings of fullness, which leads to reduced food intake. MCTs are broken down faster than LCTs (long-chain triglycerides) making them more readily used by the body and less likely to be converted to and stored as fat.
- Immune system-support Due to their anti-microbial qualities, MCTs can reduce bad bacteria, such asstreptococcus (which causes strep throat, pneumonia and sinus infections), straphylococcus (which causes food poisoning and urinary tract infections), and neisseria (which causes meningitis, gonorrhea and pelvic inflammatory diseases), all without harming or removing the good bacteria.
In a nutshell, our Fantastic Fat is made up of three types of MCTs:
C8 (caprylic acid): Fast acting energy stabilizer you can feel immediately. Also the fatty acid that offers mental clarity and sharpness of the mind.
C10 (capric acid): A powerful anti-fungal and immunity-boosting fatty acid.
C12 (lauric acid): Although this is the lowest percentage of the three, it's still to be considered a strong anti-microbial and fat burning force.How we incorporate it in our daily lives:
- In any beverage (especially in butter coffee with GG Boostina Beans for a higher performance bevvie!)
- In GG Coconut Cloud Yogurt
- In your favourite olive oil for vinaigrettes
- In oatmeal and cereal
Don’t forget to share with the boys and sneak a few drops in with the kiddies’ meals (just be sure to reduce the serving portion to 1/4 of a tablespoon for the little ones).
*Please start with smaller quantities and work you way up as you may find yourself visiting the bathroom more often than needed in the beginning.
Please beware of the palm oil alternatives: Palm oil is not our go-to source of MCTs because there are issues involved in the process of procuring this oil. Deforestation, loss of wildlife diversity and unethical treatment of workers are just a few examples. GG’s fantastic fats comes directly from the beloved coconut.